Saturday, June 25, 2011

HOW TO: Color Blocking



Runways and red carpets in the past few months have offered many interpretations of the color blocking trend.

Gucci



I kind of like it and then I kind of don't. So, I figured out the best way I think color blocking should be done. 

1- Color blocking the same color in different shades and tones is pretty.


Eva in Victoria Beckham
Emma Stone in Lanvin


2- Another pretty but safe way is to color block bright colors with neutrals.

Jennifer Love Hewitt

Nina Dobrev in Jay Godfrey


3- Color block colors of the same tone. Muted colors with muted colors, dark shades with dark shades, and so on...

Jessica Alba in DVF

Olivia Wilde in Gucci


Not following the last rule has been done a few times but it doesn''t look pretty! See for yourself...

Cheryl Cole
Michelle Obama


That's was my take on the trend. Thoughts?



                                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment