Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ORGANIZED DRAWERS

I did not take before pics but these drawers were a complete mess!!!!  I used to have to rummage through a thousand different items to find what I was looking for. And it would be all wrinkled up which isn't pretty! I had those drawer dividers (from Ikea) but there was no clear system. Here's what I did:

1- Take all items out.
2- Divide them into categories, while doing so create a pile for anything torn or you won't ever use e.g. red leggings (long story!)
3- Fold items neatly and place them in a designated divider.
4- Arrange dividers inside drawers and label.


Drawer 1 - Tanktops and Swimwear

Tanktops folded neatly into squares. Here's how

I just rolled the swimwear. The shorts were folded in half and placed
next to them (see first pic).

Drawer 2 - Slips (aka Shla7), leggings, and stockings.

I rolled the stocking & leggings to create semi-circular rolls.

I applied this system to underwear as well and it works perfectly. You can see everything and find what you're looking for real fast. Plus, there's room for an extra divider which means there's room for more items - yay for me!



Will keep you posted on my home improvement ventures!


1 comment:

  1. Cool, gave me an idea about organizing my closets, as I don't have any drawers in my NYC apartment!

    ReplyDelete