Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hotel Wall Tattoos

What is a hotel wall tattoo?

During an episode of White Collar, one of the characters shares a hotel secret which is wall tattoos. I looked into it, and found out that they are real!

A hotel wall tattoo is hidden art behind the paintings on the walls of a hotel room.



It is credited to a guy names Joshua Homme. He created many hotel wall tattoos while he was touring with Queens of the Stone Age (I'm guessing that's a band).

I think it's really cool! I know the first thing I am going to do if I'm ever in a hotel room this summer is check behind the paintings. I hope I find some. Also, I  will try to do a wall tattoo myself (someday! I think I will, I've taken up drawing this summer so I know I'll be good at it. There's a little part of me that says I shouldn't and that I shouldn't vandalize hotel property... but you never know I may get the courage to do it!

I got the above images from a website documenting secret wall tattoos: http://www.secretwalltattoos.com/index.php

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment