Saturday, May 28, 2011

How to deal with evil people?

Don't you wish you can say to a person who's being mean to you or anyone else: "You are mean and rude and no one likes you!!!!" ?

Sometimes I wish I could. But I guess that's a contradiction. If you're against rudeness, it's pretty hypocritical to be rude even to rude mean people.

But, would they care? would it affect them somehow? or perhaps change them for the better?

I like to believe that no one is born evil. That there are things in life that makes people become evil, and that deep down everyone is a good person. But that doesn't explain wars, injustice, crime, and plain ol' mean people.

How do we deal with those completely impossible people?

I'm not thinking of someone in particular - I swear! - I just thought about this while watching a movie. So I decided to find some answers. Where? To the one place that knows the answer to life, the universe, and everything... Google!

We've all seen those movies, where one kind person is able to change an evil person back to good. Maybe that doesn't always work, but I guess some of these tips I found on this website could: Think Simple Now - Dealing with difficult people. There 15 tips, but I only chose the ones I think work best, and I included my thoughts on each one.

- Forgive them.
If you think like I do, something really terrible must have happened to them to make this way. Or perhaps that's the way their family communicates with them so that's how they communicate with people. Feel sorry for them, and then forgive them.

- Don't Respond. 
I guess some people think being aggressive and rude equals being a strong person or having a strong personality. I don't think so. I think it takes far more strength, to bite your tongue and not express a mean thought. No matter how much that person deserves it.

- Stop talking about it.
The more you obsess about it, and especially to other people, the more your feelings will grow. I think the best thing is to choose one person who won't judge for talking about it, say all you need to say about that person or incident, and then never talk about it again.

- Choose to Eliminate negative people in your life.
Random mean people are easier to ignore and never to speak of again. Some people you can't eliminate but I guess it is possible to limit your interactions to a hello and a goodbye, especially if they are family members. I think we all have that friend who seems to work so hard to make us feel bad. If that person is always like that in all circumstance, waiting for you to do or say something just to say something in opposition, you should eliminate them immediately. It is never ok to keep in touch with someone who makes you feel bad. However, some people can change. I think you can meet up with them after a while, and give them a second chance if you feel they truly have changed.

- Worst case scenario.
I never tried this before. I think sometimes you don't have a chance to think what's the worst thing that could happened if you did or did not respond to someone. But I definitely think it'll be useful in some situations.

- Pour honey.
This means whenever people "pour poison" on you i.e. say something mean or hurtful, choose to "pour honey" in return i.e. say something nice. I have tried this once. It works! For some people they change and they start being nice too! But it doesn't happen quickly, it takes sometime. However, some people aren't worth being nice to for a very long time. They may continue to spread their negativity, and those people are the ones you should eliminate.


At least that's what I think.

I think everyone probably has their own way of dealing with mean/rude/evil people.

A good piece of advice would be, never stoop to their level! No matter what don't give them the pleasure of being aggressive (or passive aggressive) in return. They've got years of experience, and they probably can do it better than you can.


"Don't try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."  - Arthur Freed





No comments:

Post a Comment