Monday, February 28, 2011

A Trip to The Farjam Collection

Today my Islamic Art and Architecture class, went on a trip to visit The Farjam Collection which is an art gallery at DIFC.

DIFC is such an amazing place buzzing with energy. Hopefully that's where my first job will be located!




Anyways!

I was in awe of all the art pieces there. They exhibition the art gallery is currently running is called "Nujoom: Constellations of Arab Art from The Farjam Collection."

Here's my favorites out of the collection (the pictures don't do the  art any justice!):

Adam Henein - Om Kalthoum


Mona Hatoum - Over My Dead Body

Ahmed Moustafa - The Limitlessness of God's Continents

Hassan Hajjaj - Odaldalisque
 I think the green cans give the photo an undefinable edge.

Youssef Nabil - Maelema-Fifi Abdo
 Homage to old Egyptain Cinema.

Lalla Essaydi - Silence of the Thought
 Something about this makes me want to stare at it all day!

Chant Avedissian - Forever Om.

Abdulnasser Gharem - The Path
 I love the symbolic use of the word Serat (path) here.

Lara Baladi - Kaleidoscope
 This is actually a lot bigger and made out of glass. The colors are breathtaking!

Abdul Qader Al Raes - Untitled


Ayman Baalbaki - Destination X
This was the most fun! It was outside so it was the only one I had time to take a real picture of.


DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these images. The pictures belong to The Farjam Collection, the artists, their estates, and the organizations/institutes they belong to.


If you want to see other art pieces included in this exhibition, or you want to know more about the gallery, visit The Farjam Collection's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment